Thursday, July 7, 2011

5 Reasons I'm Taking the 31 Days to a Better Blog Challenge

Last year problogger.com issued the 31 day blogger challenge. Bloggers signed up, and were given a task do complete with their blog each day. It was a great way to get some new ideas, and some expert advice from creator Darren Rowse.

Since that time Darren has turned his 31 days blog challenge into an Ebook called 31 Days to Build a Better Blog for anyone interested in taking the challenge on their own. It contains advice and ideas, along with a task for each day.

The first day's challenge was to write an Elevator statement for your blog. I'm still working on that, but the second was to write a list post. So why am I taking this challenge?

1. I need to learn to blog more consistently. Hopefully by taking this and making myself blog once a day for 31 days, I will get into better practice.

2. I want to know more blogging skills. Up to this point I have tried to glean ideas from some others, but I think the advice from a seasoned, proven blogger will give me some of the tools I need to move on to the next level.

3. I'd like to make some money - Up to this point I haven't really tried blogging for money, but I do know that it is possible. By writing more consistently, and writing better maybe I can turn this into a way for some extra income.

4. I want to help others in their blogging. - I have friends and family members who have their own blogs and look to me for advice. I want to learn things that I can pass on to them, and help them get their ideas out as a blog.

5. I have nothing else to do. - Ok that's not true. I have plenty to do, but if I am going to use blogging as a way to advance ideas, teach, and or make income I need to make time for it.

So there it is...my first blogging challenge. I am attempting to try this for two of my blogs. I'll do it mostly on my personal music ministry www.forkintheroadmusic.org blog, but write about the process here on simplechurchcommunication.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment